Back when my partner and I were dating we went to New Orleans for a long weekend. If you are interested in going there my friend Lauren has some excellent city guides on where to go and what to do you can check out here .
We are always looking for ways to bring a bit of that taste house to Missouri and this frying pan does just that. I know that we do not include any seafood in this asparagus sausage skillet, but we live in Missouri. Fresh, flavorful seafood isn’t precisely offered on every street corner. We make due with what we have and imagine the day we get to return to the Gulf coast.
The concept for this recipe actually came from my sister (thanks Aub!). You wouldn’t believe that a four year old would be that hectic however between swim practice and dance and preschool events there is barely any time for long, laborious dishes.
Tips for making this dish:
- Make certain to blanch the asparagus. I know it most likely appears like simply an extra action and extra pot dirtied. If you do not blanch it first it takes it rather a while to cook in the skillet and by then it’s gotten soaked and everything else has gotten soaked and it’s not truly the exact same.
- Don’t poke the potatoes. It’s really challenging to stop yourself from continuously stirring and poking the pan. Attempt and limit yourself. Stirring the potatoes constantly will only make them take longer to prepare and deteriorate their shape.
- If Cajun flavoring is too hot for you or your little ones feel totally free to cut back on the quantity.. If you do not have/don’ t like Cajun spices this frying pan is likewise tasty with Italian spices. Do not hesitate to get used to your and your families individual tastes.
- While it isn’t important, I’m obsessed with cooking in my cast iron skillet. Not simply meat!
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
- 1 Lot Asparagus Chopped into 2 pieces.
- 2 Cups Water.
- 4 Red Potatoes Cubed.
- 2 Carrots Sliced into 1/4 pieces.
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Diced.
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion.Diced.
- 1 Package
- 14 oz. Smoked Sausage.Sliced into 1/2 pieces.
- 2 Tsp Cajun Spices.
- 1/2 Tsp Salt.
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper.
- Prepare all components by dicing and slicing all vegetables and the sausage. Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pan.
- Include sliced asparagus to boiling water and set timer for 5 minutes. While asparagus is boiling, include oil to a skillet over medium heat and include potatoes and add potatoes and carrots in a single layer.
- As soon as asparagus has actually boiled for 5 minutes and turned brilliant green drain pot and set aside. Allow potatoes and carrots to cook for 15 minutes or up until they start to soften..
- Press carrots and potatoes to the edges of the skillet and include onions, peppers, and sausage to skillet. Add seasoning to skillet and cook for an extra 10 minutes or till onions have softened and sausage has actually browned..
- Add asparagus to frying pan to and throughly blend all components so they have actually all been uniformly coated in the flavoring. Serve warm.
Article source: https://thesimplesupper.com/cajun-asparagus-sausage-skillet