Cut the end off of the cabbage head and run under warm-hot water. This will assist permit the leaves to soften and not be as breakable. This approach will assist the leaves come off in one piece.
In boiling water, dip the leaf until totally immersed for about 20 seconds then put on a paper towel to cool. This will allow the leaf to end up being more pliable
More Recipes & Healthy Food Ideas
Location a couple of spoonfuls of refried black beans (or whatever kind of bean you like) in the center and smoosh down (that is the technical term for it).
Add the meat mixture.
Include a spoonful of enchilada sauce.
You will not miss the tortilla, trust me!
That is how you prep the leaves! Now, buying tortillas is way easier … but this is a healthier, unprocessed alternative. It is tasty and like I stated … what tortilla???
It concludes so quickly!
Spray a baking dish lightly with cooking spray and spoon adequate enchilada sauce in the meal to simply cover the bottom. I really, truly enjoy carbs and they are definitely welcome back in my life with open arms. Nevertheless it is not needed with this recipe!
You will not even miss out on the tortilla in these pleasantly cheesy enchiladas! The homemade enchilada sauce adds a lot freshness and taste to a currently scrumptious meal. Complete of saut\u00e9ed chilies and onions with the ground chicken, this enchilada recipe does not disappoint!
- 1 lb ground chicken or beef.
- 1 head of cabbage.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 cans chopped green chilies (I used Hatch, one can moderate, one can hot).
- 1 small yellow onion, diced.
- 1 teaspoon cumin.
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more) cayenne.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 cups of my Enchilada Sauce (or utilized store bought).
- If gluten-free make sure to read label to make sure!), 1/4 -1/ 2 cup shredded Mexican mix cheese (.
- 1 can refried black beans (my individual fave however you can utilize any beans here).
- Garnish with sliced cilantro & & sour cream.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut stem of cabbage head off.
- Run head of cabbage under warm water to soften, start peeling leaves in big pieces.
- In a pot, boil 2 cups of water with a teaspoon salt.
- place 1-2 leaves at a time in boiling water and boil for 30 seconds, completely immersing the cabbage leaf.
- Remove and set on a paper towel to drain pipes and cool.
- While cooling, heat up a frying pan on medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil, diced onions and 2 cans of green chilies. Saut\u00e9 till onions end up being clear, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken or beef and begin to brown meat (about 3 minutes till it should start to brown).
- When meat is slightly browned, add cumin, pepper, salt and cayenne and combine with meat, breaking up meat as you go, about another 2 minutes.
- Eliminate protein from hot frying pan and set aside on a paper towel (if you leave in the frying pan, it will prepare the protein longer).
- In a baking meal, include a thin layer of enchilada sauce to the bottom.
- To put together, place cabbage leaf on a cutting board, add a few spoons full of beans, meat mix, enchilada sauce and cheese to center of leaf.
- Roll up like you would an enchilada, place seam side down in baking dish.
- Once you squeeze in as many enchiladas as you can, top with more enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake discovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced cilantro, lime. jalape\u00f1os, green onion, sour cream.
- Drink a margarita with it
Article source: https://www.awholelottaoven.com/blog/cabbage-wrapped-chicken-enchiladas/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_tribes&utm_content=tribes&utm_term=328676710_9941258_80211