Recently I have been trying to reintroduce Avocado into my repertoire. If you remember, a couple of months ago I said I had overdosed on the stuff and the very sight of the green scrotum resembling fruit made me sick. Okay, I actually just made myself vomit a little in my mouth with that previous sentence. Not a good start.
Anyway… in a bid to get myself reacquainted with the great Avocado, I decided to make an Avocado & Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto. I chucked some Avocado, Sun-Dried Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Cashews and Red Pepper Flakes into the food processor and wished for the best. A couple of minutes later, I was rewarded with a pesto that scarily tasted very much like Bolognese sauce, sans the 3 hours of simmering. Awesome-sauce, literally.
Soooo, what does one do with an entire jar of pretty fu*king delicious Avocado & Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto? We boil up a boat load of Spaghetti and toss those cheeky little suckers into our awesome sauce. Do the noodle dance whilst you’re at it.
Not gonna blabber on anymore, but I’m just going to tell you to make this Avocado & Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta. It’s pretty much a full meal in under 15 minutes, which is always awesome because who has the time to tinker bout in the kitchen when you’d rather be playing with yourself?! Scroll down for the recipe and enjoy!
Crazy Vegan Kitchen
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
Spaghetti tossed in Avocado Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto. Creamy, simple, yum.
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 8 oz Spaghetti
- Water to cook Pasta
- Avocado and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Basil
- 1/2 cup chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes (oil packed, but drained)
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons reserved Oil from Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- Cook Spaghetti according to directions on package.
- Whilst the Spaghetti is cooking, prepare pesto.
- Combine all ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and process until almost smooth. Little bits of unprocessed Cashew is fine, as it adds texture to the sauce.
- Once blended, transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Drain pasta when done and reserve cooking water. Combine pasta with pesto and toss till noodles are coated well. Add about 1/2 a cup of reserved pasta water and toss, to loosen up the pesto.
- Serve warm.