It’s January which means it’s time for Veganuary! If you’ve not heard of Veganuary before, it’s a campaign that challenges people to try out the vegan lifestyle for the month of January and this year over 40,000 people are taking part.
So if you’re one of those people and you’re wondering what on earth to make for dinner when you get home from work, then below is a round-up of 21 super simple meals that can be made in under 30 minutes, with minimal fuss.
But if you’re feeling extra lazy, there are always shortcuts you can take. Being vegan doesn’t mean hours of prep and cooking every day, like some people assume.
A few extra-lazy bonus ideas:
- Frozen mixed veg + vegan-friendly curry sauce + microwave rice
- Baking potato + baked beans
- Vegetarian sausages + mashed potato + onion gravy
- Shop-bought fajita kit (with spices, sauce and tortilla wraps) + mushrooms & peppers + guacamole
- Vegan mince or tinned lentils + shop-bought bolognese sauce + dried spaghetti + (optional) vegan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Shop-bought, vegan-friendly pizza dough + pizza sauce + toppings of choice + (optional) vegan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Vegan burger + burger bun + chips + ketchup
- Falafel (egg-free) + pita wrap + hummus + tahini + salad
The above meal ideas aren’t all necessarily “healthy” but for when you’re on the verge of giving up, feeling lazy or just want some fast food, these will definitely hit the spot. Just make sure you always check the ingredients to watch for added dairy, particularly in sauces and baked goods.
But now for some real, delicious, easy, quick, vegan homemade meals…
1. 10 Minute Creamy Vegan Bean and Aubergine Casserole
3. Easy Vegan Chickpea Curry with Potatoes
4. Vegan Bolognese
5. Penne with Chickpeas in Smoky Tomato Sauce
Article source: http://wallflowerkitchen.com/21-easy-weeknight-dinners-vegan/