Take taco night to the next level with these Baked Bell Pepper Tacos! With guidelines for vegan, vegetarian, and paleo options, these peppers are all set to transform your typical taco fare with a clean-eating twist!
Much like singing pleasantly off-key, leaving the meals in a Tetris-like tower in the sink, and making stretchy pants a method of life … stuffing veggies with veggies is completely my thing.
Stuffed sweet potatoeswill always be my first true love, connected with the always-awesomestuffed spaghetti squashin all its versatile splendor. Then there’s the forever-popular stuffing of the bell peppers which is SO DARN GOOD! I tend to pack up on seasonal stuffed squash and sweet potatoes all Fall and Winter long, then dive right into bell pepperdom in the beginning sign of Spring.
GUESS WHICH SEASON IS UP NEXT?! Eeeeee!
Happy Taco Tuesday! Let’s do this!
Baked Bell Pepper Tacos
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
The terrific aspect of stuffed vegetables is how splendidly versatile they are. You can fit them into actually any meal plan ever. Other than the absolutely no veggies meal strategy, in which case … you’re in problem mister! Utilizing naturally low-carb veggies as a base suggests whatever you decide to make can be gloriously-gluten free depending on your choice of garnishes.
Whether you’re a lean, mean clean-eating device, powering though a paleo diet plan, as vegan as a bunny rabbit, or just group EAT-ALL-THE-VEGGIES, there’s a stuffed veggie combination that’s all set to rock your plate any day of the week!
Obviously I’m going to insist you begin with these delicious baked bell pepper tacos.
Baked Bell Pepper Tacos
Take taco night to the next level with these Baked Bell Pepper Tacos! With guidelines for vegan, paleo, and vegetarian choices, these peppers are all set to transform your common taco fare with a clean-eating twist!
- 4big bell peppers
- 3-4cupstaco filling( select from below).
- 3/4.cup.shredded cheese.additional as wanted.
- 3/4.cup.sliced tomato.
- 3/4.cup.sliced lettuce.
- cilantro and lime.as a delicious garnish.
SPIRITED FILLING ALTERNATIVES:.
- a. 1lb ground chicken, turkey, or beef.seasoned your preferred way and browned on the stove-top! I use a combination of enchilada sauce (homemade or store bought) and homemade taco spices to taste mine, plus a little mexican hot sacue for a kick! You can also make your protein option beforehand and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or freezer for emergency taco night filling. This likewise works with my lentil-veggie taco filling too!
- b. 3-4 cups Lentil Vegetable Taco Filling.
- c. 3-4 cups Seasoned tofu.like chipotle-style sofritos.
- d. 2 cups Refried Beans or black beans + 1-2 cups saut\u00e9ed veggies.
TASTY TOPPINGS (select your favorites).
- shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese.
- sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
- fresh cilantro.
- sliced jalape\u00f1os.
- fresh or leftover grilled/roasted/saut \u00e9ed veggies.
- fresh chopped avocado.
- salsa verde.
- pico de gallo.
- Trying to find additional crunch? Try falling apart a few tortilla chips on top of your bell peppers or serve them with a side of chips and salsa!
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Choose your protein choice( s) from the above list and cook via favored technique.
Slice each bell pepper in half. Hollow out each pepper, removing stem, seeds, and so on.
Lay peppers on a baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes till al-tente or for 10-15 minutes for softer peppers.
Fill each pepper to the brim with your taco filling of option (see above for yummy alternatives; I made mine t-rex this time around) and leading with cheese.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes, then stack mile-high with all your preferred taco garnishes! Anything goes on taco night!
Though I consisted of the measurements I used for 8 bell pepper tacos, feel free to double, triple, or halve the dish as wanted.
The variation I photographed was of the T-rex variety but snagging one of the vegan or vegetarian filling alternatives I published above will help you stick with your strategy! Combine black beans and saut\u00e9ed veggies with any of the protein alternatives from ground turkey to tofu.
so … how were they !?
Holy cow I enjoy them! You would not expect a mountain-o-veggies to be extremely gratifying, they’re actually exceptionally filling. The bell peppers provide more fiber and flavor than your average tortilla and are chock filled with vitamins too. It’s the ULTIMATE way to shake up your taco night with a healthy (and yummy!) twist.
In the even that you make too lots of (guilty as charged!) they also make fantastic leftovers. Snag a couple of for lunch the following day and reheat in the oven, toaster, or microwave.
Double-duty meals FTW!
Use those tasty leftovers to make taco packed bell peppers the list below day for fast food without the hassle. You can also re-purpose taco night into.Taco Stuffed Sugary Food Potatoes.,.Taco Soup., or.Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls.— RATING!
Searching for more sassy packed peppers?
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!